What is a Master Gardener?
The Texas Master Gardener program is an educational volunteer program conducted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
Master Gardeners are:
- members of the local community who take an active interest in their lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, and gardens.
- enthusiastic, willing to learn and help others and able to communicate with diverse groups of people.
- specially trained in horticulture.
- use their training and contribute their time to provide horticultural-related information to their communities.
Four ways we provide gardening information to our community
We share and interact with the community in four ways: through our website, on our Facebook page, through eMail and in person.
On the Website
- We publish helpful gardening articles each week in local newspapers. https://txmg.org/hendersonmg/publicity/
- We provide unbiased, research-based gardening information pertinent to the Henderson County community on our website. https://txmg.org/hendersonmg/
We constantly share up-to-date gardening information on our Facebook page. Check the Events tab for upcoming community events. Follow our page and like and share our posts.
Email and Website
- We email our free information-rich e-newsletter Inside Dirt every other month. Past issues are available on our website. If you are not signed up to receive it, please email us at: email@example.com. We will add you to our email list.
- We’re available to answer gardening questions for individuals via email. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We hold educational events throughout the year at the Harvest Garden, and all are welcome.. It is a backyard style edible garden on the grounds of Henderson County Fairpark Complex, constantly tended, planted and replanted by our Master Gardeners. Year round, this garden is a source of inspiration and good ideas.
- We consult with schools and community organizations about their gardening projects or problems.
- We staff gardening information booths at community events. If your organization is planning a special event and would like Master Gardeners to answer gardening questions for your attendees in a friendly, one-on-one way, please feel free to contact us using the form below.
- We maintain a speakers bureau and share our well-researched horticultural information through a variety of lively talks, demonstrations, and Power Point presentations to groups and organizations. Please contact us using the form below for more information on how to schedule a speaker and program.
We’re here to help!
To learn more, visit our website: https://txmg.org/hendersonmg/
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HCmastergardener/